Yealink W56H Cordless Phone Guide
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Turn Handset On/Off
- Place a Call
- Answer a Call
- End a Call
- Hold and Resume a Call
- Park a Call
- Redial a Call
- Do Not Disturb
- Conference Calls
- Call History
- Mute Microphone
- Silent Mode
- Adjust Volume
- Ring Tones
- Lock/Unlock Keypad
Turn Handset On/Off
To turn on handset, do one of the following:
• Press and hold the red On-hook/Power button
• Place handset in charger cradle.
To turn off handset:
• Long-press On-hook/Power key to return to Idle screen and turn off handset.
Place a Call
These call options are available when the handset is idle.
To place a call directly, do one of the following:
• Enter a phone number and OK, Speakerphone or the green Off-hook button.
• Press Speakerphone. Enter a phone number and OK, Speakerphone or the green Off-hook button to dial.
To place a call from the Redial list:
1. Press the green Off-hook button and select a Contact.
2. Press the green Off-hook button or Speakerphone.
To place a call to the last dialed number:
• Press the green Off-hook button twice.
Answer a Call
To answer a call, press one of the following keys:
• Accept, the green Off-hook button, Speakerphone or OK.
If the handset is in the charging cradle and the Auto Answer feature is enabled, the call will be answered when removing the phone from the charging cradle.
To answer a call while on an Active call, do one of the following:
• Press the down arrow key to select the incoming call.
• Press OK, the green Off-hook button, Speakerphone or Accept. The Active call is placed on Hold and the incoming call becomes Active.
End a Call
To end a call, press the red On Hook button.
Transfer a Call
To Transfer an Active call:
• Blind Transfer - Press TRAN. Enter a number or Contact and TRAN.
• Attended Transfer - Press TRAN. Enter a number and TRAN after the call is answered.
Hold and Resume a Call
Multiple calls can be on Hold.
To Hold an Active call:
• Press Options > Hold.
To Resume a Held call:
• Select the call.
• Press Resume, Speakerphone or Off-hook.
To switch between Active and Held calls:
• Press Swap if call is Active, or press up/down arrows.
Park a Call
If configured, Park is used to place an Active call on Hold at one extension and pick it up at a different extension.
1. To Park an Active call, transfer the call to an available call parking orbit or press *** (if configured)
2. To Retrieve a parked call, press the appropriate call parking orbit from any phone (example 701)
Redial a Call
The Redial list stores recently dialed numbers. When the list is full, the oldest number is removed after a new number is dialed.
Redial options include:
• Press Off-hook twice to Redial the last number.
• Press Off-hook and select a previously dialed number. Press Off-hook or Speakerphone to dial.
Do Not Disturb
When Do Not Disturb is enabled, the line does not ring, and calls follow the next step in the extension’s Find Me/Follow Me rule.
To enable/disable Do Not Disturb with the phone:
1. Press OK > Call Features > Do Not Disturb.
2. Select a Line and OK.
3. From Status, select Enabled/Disabled > Save.
The phone supports Conference calls with two other parties and multi-way network conferencing.
To initiate a Conference Call with two Contacts:
1. Place a call to the first party.
2. After the call connects, select Options > Conference.
3. Call the next Contact and select Conf to join the participants.
To create a Conference Call with an Active call and a Held call:
1. While on an Active call, select a Held call.
2. Select Conf.
The History list holds up to 100 entries. Icons indicate Placed, Received, Missed or Forwarded calls. Press the left/right arrow keys to switch among call lists.
To view call History records:
1. Press History.
2. Select a record and Option > Detail.
To place a call from the call History:
1. Press History and select a Contact.
2. Press Off-hook or Speakerphone.
Press Mute to enable/disable the phone’s microphone.
In Silent Mode, the handset displays incoming call information, but does not ring.
• Long-press the asterisk (*) key to enable/disable Silent Mode.
Adjust Volume for Ringer or Audio as follows:
• Press left/right arrow when phone is idle to adjust Ringer Volume.
• Press left/right arrow during a call to adjust Audio Volume of speakerphone/ear-piece.
Change internal and external Ring Tones as follows:
• External incoming calls:
• Navigate to: OK > Settings > Audio > Ring Tones >Melodies. Select a Ringtone for a Line and Save.
• Internal incoming calls:
• Navigate to: OK > Settings > Audio > Ring Tones > Melodies. Select an Intercom Call Ringtone and
To retrieve Voicemail messages, press Message. Select a Line and press Select. Follow the system prompts.
Long-press the # key to Lock/Unlock keypad.